TMEP Launches Pilot Program in Middle Tennessee to Reach Small Manufacturers
Funded through a cooperative agreement with the National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST) Manufacturing Extension Partnership program (MEP), the Tennessee Small Manufacturer’s Advantage Program is a pilot program designed by the Tennessee MEP program (TMEP) to support small manufacturers (less than 100 FTEs) in Middle Tennessee.
Launched in September 2018 and based on best practices across the NIST MEP National Network, the program provides small manufacturers with access to the information, expertise and resources they need to analyze the current state of their business, benchmark their business against other companies and put together a strategic and tactical business plan to take their business to the next level.
Why would a manufacturer participate in the program?
- Provides a big picture view of the entire business revealing (or confirming) limiting factors & identifying opportunities.
- Receive a snapshot comparison to other companies not otherwise available
- Delivers a roadmap to improve competitiveness, performance & bottom line at low cost
- Develops relationship with unbiased professional business coach documenting economic impacts & ROI.
What are the main elements of the TN Small Manufacturer’s Advantage Program?
- An on-line self-review of the business followed by on-site review of information
- On-site business excellence assessment including interviews with key team members & plant tour
- Written report addressing 5 categories, road-map & recommendations
- An on-site review of report addressing strengths, opportunities & recommendations
For more information contact Norma Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org