Through training, technical assistance and consulting, the UT CIS Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) assists businesses in competing successfully in federal, state and local government contracting.
We've curated the list below to give you a clearer picture of how you can win government contract awards with PTAC supporting you every step of the way. Our PTAC provides consultation and training on the following topics:
- Federal, State, and Local Government Contracting
- Government Contracting 101 Training. Overview of how to do business with the government.
- Registrations with Government Agencies and Large Prime Contractors. System for Award Management (SAM) and other governmental/large contractor required sites.
- Social Economic Programs and Certifications. Special set-a-side purchasing programs for small businesses.
- Procurement Regulations and Procedures. The Federal Acquisition Regulations, along with State Procurement Regulations and Large Prime Contractor Terms & Conditions
- Types of Government Contracts. Contract vehicles that the government uses to work with vendors.
- Contract Solicitation Review. Assistance with analyzing contracts for clients before submitting a proposal
- How the Government Buys. Procedures and purchasing thresholds that the government implements in purchasing from their supply chain
- Proposal Writing and Bid Estimating. Proposal tips and tricks, including Capture Management strategies prior to the actual proposal writing
- GSA Schedules Training. Prominent purchasing method used by the federal government
- Doing Business with the Defense Logistics Agency (DIBBS Board Acquisition Website, Packing and Marking Specifications, Quality Systems Requirements)
- Joint Venture and Teaming Arrangements. Issues related to the legal and project managing contracts
- Mentor Protégé Programs. Formal programs that allow large firms to joint venture with small businesses.
- Cost Accounting Audit System Compliance. Systems related to assurance of cost accounting system requirements in government contracting.
- Contract Administration (WAWF, Quality System Requirements, etc.). Invoicing, reporting, security clearance requirements once a contract is awarded.e
- Subcontracting Plans for Large Businesses. Assisting Large Businesses with developing plans and locating small businesses on their contracts.
- Acquisition Web-sites. Sites to search for government procurement opportunities.
- Small Business Innovation Research Programs. Research grant opportunities.
- Cyber Security Compliance. Protection of Classified and Unclassified information through internet-connected systems from cyber-threats.
- Government Marketing Strategies and Tactics. Provide custom strategies for each client regarding marketing to the government.
- Elevator Pitch and Sales Presentation Basics. Assisting clients in preparations for customer engagement.
- Government Market Research. Tips on research government business opportunities for clients.
PTAC also hosts major networking conferences and procurement fairs. These provide a platform for businesses to connect with the government and large prime contractors.
Interested in learning more about one of the topics mentioned above? Email the PTAC team today.
To see upcoming PTAC trainings, click HERE.